When you start preparing for an outdoor barbecue party, you realize that your grill grates rust. That is not fun at all. It is also unhygienic, not very nice. But do not worry, this article will guide the tips to make your grill grates clean. You will also have more knowledge about the selection of grills to minimize the rusting of your grill grates after a period of not using it.
Clean with readily available items:
For someone who would love to watch the video review for more details, here is our review:
There are many ways to clean the grill grates:
- Soap and water: Put a little soap in a basin of water. Mix well with soap for effervescent. Soak your grill grate in a pot for about 30 minutes. Use a soft sponge to clean the grill grate. If the stain is stubborn, you can use a brush to clean the stain.
- Vinegar and baking soda: If you don’t have vinegar and banking soda available in your home, you can buy them at a store near your home. Bring them together in a 2-1 ratio into a thick mixture. Apply them to a rusty grill grate. Leave on for about 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water. You will see great use of this mixture.
- Lemonade and detergent: Use lemon juice to squeeze the water. Then you mix the lemon juice with the mixed laundry detergent. Apply to the rust marks. Leave them on overnight as the mixture takes a long time to work. The next morning take out the grill grate and clean it with water and brush
- Safe Rust Removers: If you have tried the methods above but still rust, you may need to switch to using a commercial rust remover. Do not use ordinary rust removers. They can leave residues of chemicals that can be toxic to food. Whenever you deal with rust on grill grates, always use products designed specifically for that purpose.
Take measures to limit rusting of the grill grates
- You should rinse the grill grate immediately after each use. Not long time stains sticking will cause rust. Always keep the grill clean and soak the grill in oil.
- Prevent rusting by keeping the grill lid away from direct contact with humid environments. There aremany types of vertical smokers with closed covers to prevent the grill grate from exposure to humid environments. Make sure your grill lid is the right size and fits properly. The closer you live to water or the more extreme weather, the more likely it is to rust.
- There are many types of grills made of stainless steel, made of cast iron and porcelain. This type has good rust resistance and moisture resistance. Buy these so you never have to worry about rusting your grill grates. You should also check out the articles on the barbecue site for an overview of your favorite barbecues.